- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will organize the Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav from September 17. (Registration for blood donation is being done on Arogya Setu App.)
- A target of collecting 1.5 lakh units of blood has been set, for which a Raktkosh portal has also been started.
- This campaign will continue till October 1, i.e. National Voluntary Blood Donation Day. The slogan of this campaign is- 'Blood donation is an act of solidarity, join the effort and save lives'.
- The Ministry has requested all the States and Union Territories to organize this campaign in local and regional languages.
- The data of the registered people will be made available to the blood banks and organizations running the campaign through the 'e-Raktkosh web portal'.